Friday 19 August 2011

mademoiselle

i've spent far too much time on Amazon lately, what with three birthdays all very close together {last one being tomorrow - happy birthday hubs!} it's been hard to just stick to the list without being tempted to add a little something for myself, well with my final order i buckled - oops! this pattern book found it's way into my basket
mademoiselle
technically it's not really for me - given that anything i make from it will be for little O or a gift for another little one, but it's oh so precious, i think i'd want this even if i didn't have a little girl to make clothes for, such sweet patterns & beautiful pictures, it's hard to choose what to make first
mademoiselle
mademoiselle
mademoiselle
mademoiselle
i also thought i'd stand far more chance translating the French, instead of Japanese, although it's set out in a very similar way to the Japanese versions, with plenty of step by step photos & pictures
mademoiselle
mademoiselle

6 comments:

  1. I so like children in proper clothes rather than all this fashion trash... proper dresses and skirts ... not mim's with "hot babe" t shirts...

    Love the pictures... good luck with the translations... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for drawing this to my attention! It looks like it could be a good halfway step for leading me to the Japanese pattern books, (I do struggle a bit with them as I'm not an experienced seamstress!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks charming- I haven't sewn anything in a while, I feel inspired! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello, i am a new follower to your blog. i have an obsession with amazon too, but then i can also spend hours in a book shop, its a wonder how i get time to do any crafts browsing through so many books!
    nikki xo (www.lovenikkih.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice stuff in that book. It's a pattern book? So you then draw your own pattern? Interesting. The stuff looks really nice, age-appropriate and seems to be do-able in sturdy fabric. Looks like you were right to "buckle"!! I'll go have a look--my Mom just might want to sew for her 2 old Great Grandd's birthday!

    ReplyDelete