Wednesday 25 January 2012

another quilt

this is the quilt i finished off last week, if there hadn't been a delay in the {right size!} wadding arriving i would have probably finished it off last year, well when the right size did arrive i got stuck right in & finished it off within about 24 hours! {it's really rather a small sized quilt}
i tried out making the binding following a tutorial i'd found on pintrest, it really did work, although i did find it a little tricky at first, i'm sure after a few attempts you'd get the hang of it, the vintage sheets i used to make the quilt top were from 'little tea wagon' & had already been cut into squares for me, as was the fq of vintage flannel used to make the binding, then the dotty flannel on the back & the wadding both came from 'prints to polka dots' - which always seem to have lovely fabric at great prices {i am so in love with flannel, i'd really love to get my hands on some more Anna Maria Horner flannels - please message me if you know of any good uk sources}
i did some simple lines of quilting & machined the binding on & then added one of the sweet labels Laura had sent me, which i think finished it off perfectly!
vintage flannel sheeting bias binding
vintage sheet quilt
vintage sheet quilt
vintage sheet quilt

8 comments:

  1. Really lovely, great colours I like the way you have quilted it. I too love flannel especially Anna Maria Horner. I bought mine from seamstar, i think and fabric worm in America but that was about a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's completely gorgeous! I love those retro prints. Glad the labels were useful. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, gorgeous! Sew Mama Sew will send to England (from America) although the postage is a lot it still works out cheaper. let me know if you find an Anna Maria sources nearer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I'm off to check out the polka shop, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! On impulse i've signed up for a quilting class. Would love to be at the stage where I could make something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fab - I love vintage fabrics and have an unfinished quilt in the cupboard which needs some binding - must get onto it before Summer arrives so we can use it as a picnic blanket. Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodnesss Kelly, I've just found your blog ... is there no end to your talents?!! Enjoying seeing all the gorgeous things you make.

    ReplyDelete