Tuesday 26 April 2011

almost a ta-dah!


as sad as i was that the Easter holidays were over, it was rather nice to get the house back & enjoy a more peaceful day, little O surprised me by having a little nap this afternoon, so i took the hour to catch up with my circle in a square granny blanket,


i am so nearly there with this & really want to push myself to finish it, i had a quick change of plan by instead of going with the 10x10 squares i had intended from the start, to an 8x12 squares blanket, my thought being that this will be better suited to use on the sofa, 
all my circles are finished, i'm just working my way through crocheting the last two rows on, then i need to come up with a border, this blanket has been a wip for far too long, i really want to get it finished!



15 comments:

  1. Almost there and it's looking fantastic! You need to teach me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, really worth you pushing on and getting it finished, it will be soooo worth it in the long run! Well done, a real labour of love xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking great so far, I look forward to seeing it finished. I've just started one of these and I'm thinking I'll make mine reactangular rather than square too. I've made about 20 circles so far so early days yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Can't wait for the TADAA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really beautiful crocheted blanket. I love your choice of colours. Really worth all that effort. I'm inspired. Mrs B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, look how much you've gotten done already! That's so impressive! And really beautiful! It's like an heirloom blanket! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous. Don't you just love it when the littlest ones have a surprise mini nap?

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing, such dedication. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kelly, it's beyond gorgeous! Hooray for surprise bonus naps :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! So vibrant. Will look amazing on your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just lovely, great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful. I would love to make one of these gorgeous blankets one day. It's so nice to get a bit of me time back after the holidays, I felt the same today too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that looks fantastic. Love the colours and the white boarder is great. I find your knitting and crochet so inspiring. Amy

    ReplyDelete